What is occupational hygiene?
People at work can be exposed to a variety of hazards through their normal workplace activities. Hazards may include:-
- Chemicals in the forms of liquids, dusts, solvents, fumes and fibres
- Physical hazards such as noise, vibration and non-ionising radiation (UV light, lasers)
- Ergonomic problems such as manual handling, work tool use and workstation use.
If these hazards are not effectively controlled they can have a harmful effect on human health. The consequences may not appear until some time after the initial exposure, so it is important to know in advance how best to protect and safeguard the health of your employees.
Envex provides comprehensive, high quality occupational hygiene surveys to assess and control workforce exposure to hazardous chemicals and physical agents including noise, vibration and indoor air quality.
Need to know how this applies to you? – we can help! Contact us
Why choose Envex for occupational hygiene consultancy?
- Over 20 years practical experience in occupational hygiene, health, safety and risk
- Envex experience covers all areas of the workplace and industry
- Registered Occupational Hygienists (MFOH)
- We are a flexible, client focused company who will provide you with practical solutions from experience
- Complete occupational hygiene consultancy service from monitoring and surveys, to problem identification, to bespoke solutions for your organisation.
Envex’s occupational hygiene surveys
Envex provides comprehensive, high quality occupational hygiene surveys to assess and control workforce exposure to hazardous chemicals; physical agents including noise, vibration and complex issues such as indoor air quality.
Customers throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe receive the highest level of occupational hygiene service and independent expertise from our highly trained and qualified occupational hygienists.
Occupational surveys are undertaken to assist compliance with legislation such as:
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- The Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- L8: Legionnaires’ disease: The control of legionella bacteria in water systems
Exposure and assessments projects are undertaken utilising the latest specialist equipment using approved methods in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive. An extensive range of analysis is carried out at our UKAS accredited partner laboratories.
Our full range of services includes:
- Workplace air monitoring for dusts, vapours, fumes and gases – See Workplace air monitoring
- COSHH assessments
- Noise monitoring, assessment and control – See Workplace noise surveys and management
- Hand – arm vibration monitoring and whole body vibration monitoring and control
- Indoor air quality assessment and building health management surveys (e.g., building related sickness, lighting, asbestos management, air conditioning and ventilation) – See Indoor air quality assessment
- Local exhaust ventilation examination and testing – See Local exhaust ventilation (LEV) examination and testing
- Asbestos services, covering identification, evaluation and costing, monitoring, site surveys, project and contractor management. – See Asbestos
- Legionella risk assessments, legionella audits and water sampling. See Legionella
- Site observations and practical advice on improvements to working practices
- Training at your location on-site or at our training centre. See health and safety training and courses
Our customers are from a wide range of industrial sectors, which include manufacturing, construction, public sectors, charities and commercial facilities. See Clients and case studies
For more information on how Envex can help you see Appointed safety advisor service
Client: Cavendish Equipment
Work carried out: Occupational hygiene. Risk assessments and health and safety policy.